Is It Time To Upgrade From Sage 50?
Senior Manager – Enterprise Business Solutions
@ ZILLIONe Business Solutions (Pvt) Ltd
Since you’ve been using Sage 50 for a while, it is the time to evaluate whether it’s fully suited to the needs of your business.
– One of the first signs that you may need to move on from Sage 50 is speed, or rather, a distinct lack of it. Business owners who have since changed systems say that when they were processing large amounts of transactions, Sage 50 struggled to keep up. Not being able to carry out transactions quickly and efficiently will have a real negative impact on your business over time. Sage 300, are built on a much faster database You will also be able to deal in multiple currencies if you decide to upgrade too. So you’ll be able to rely on your accounting system day after day, safe in the knowledge that it’s going to be able to cope with whatever your business throws at it.
– From a database perspective, Sage 50 either runs on FoxPro or MY-SQL. This caps transactional performance to a max of 15 – 20 users. Sage 300 on the either hand runs on MS-SQL, which is the tested and proven, widely adopted standard, scalability is assured.
If you want to closely analyse performance over different areas of your business, Sage 50 may not cut it any more. Sage 300 comes with something called a multiple tier nominal structure, which allows you to run in-depth analysis. This multiple-tier chart of accounts delivers reports based on nominal account numbers, cost centres and departments. If you want to take your business reporting to the next level (and as your business grows, it will thank you for that), it’s probably time to move on from Sage 50. Short and long term cash flow forecasting is an option too, so you can get a grip on the current and future fortunes of your business much more effectively. Reporting and analysis is also much quicker in 300 as you no longer have to export your data to Excel to manipulate it.
- – Does not support Multi-company & Multi-currency.
- – No roll-up of accounts and limited drill down features
- – No GL/Consolidations or Intercompany transactions
- – No Project costing (except Simply Accounting that has a very basic one)
- – No Manufacturing
- – Inventory BOM structure is limited
- – Cash management and Bank Rec is limited
- – Reports are usually created using an internal report writer, it’s not Excel Native.
- – Little to no web access features
- – Tax module is likely to be hard-coded as well.
In the News…
ZILLIONe held its annual awards night to celebrate the best performers that secured a Rs. 1.7 billion fiscal year amidst the crippling economy in Sri Lanka. Chairman of the ZILLIONe group, Mr. Suresh Tharmarajah, said that the last fiscal year was...
ZILLIONe Technologies Pvt (Ltd) made Sri Lanka proud by emerging winners of the Best Microsoft Dynamics Partner of the Year 2021 award for Sri Lanka and Maldives markets for the 3rd consecutive year.
SAP Business ByDesign’s ERP cloud suite that aids all software functionality requirements is the Next Step every business needs to embrace to combat challenges posed in adapting to the new normal!
ZILLIONe is Privileged to become the Main Sponsor for AGM – 2021 of Ceylon Pharmaceutical Association
Modern businesses are required to be resilient in order to face these challenges in these unprecedented times. With our vast experience and expertise, ZILLIONe provides a range of solutions that are scalable and in-built with industry best practices to address these issues.